View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 05:01 PM

Thank you all for your replys today. I am so glad I found this web site, I have been following your lives for a couple of months now and I cannot tell you how reassuring it is to have read all your stories and follow your outcomes the good and the bad. If I had not found this site I know I would not have the courage to go ahead with the ADR surgery. I am extremely anxious about having the surgery. I have days where I cannot wait to get to get it done, and days where I feel absolutely scared to death. I have never had any kind of surgery before or spent the night in the hospital, so it's a little bit a fear of the unknown. I have a very positive attitude and feel that I am a perfect candidate for ADR, I think having the right frame of mind is half the battle! I am very lucky to have a supportive husband who also has his own back issues, which he is waiting to take care of until after my surgery.
I moved here from England 14 years ago. I have no family here to help so I am extremely happy my Mum and Dad are coming over to stay with me for two weeks after my surgery, I hope that will be long enough. I am very nervous of how much mobility I will have, and what I will be able to do by myself? I guess it all depends on how my surgery goes.
I am so happy I found Dr Bitan he is so compassionate and makes you feel like you are his only patient. I did go for a couple of other opinions and was surprised at the total arrogance of a couple of the surgeons, one of them actually had me in tears when I left the office.
I am going for a second discogram this Friday since it was over a year ago I had the last one, I am not looking forward to going through that again, and think I must be quite mad to have been talked into it, still it's better to be safe right!! Actually the Dr who is performing it is doing it a little different this time he said he is going to do the same as last time going into L5-S1 and the disc above, but after reproducing the pain he is then going to numb the disc, so I am anxious to see if I feel NO PAIN. If it truly is just the disc then theoreticaly there should be no pain. Well thanks again for the replys and I look forward to staying in touch with you all.
Sharon
Positive discogram 2005 L5-S1
Positive 2nd discogram 12/06 with anaesthetic block
Facet nerve block 2006 negative
ADR surgery L5-S1 Charite Disc / Dr Bitan January2007
X- LIF L4-l5 October 2009
Fusion L5-S1 revision surgery to eliminate charite disc. 2011