View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 11:22 PM

Hi Sharon!
Just wanted to say welcome. I have a one-level issue as well, only at L4-5. I too had extreme pain-upper end of the 1-10 scale every day! I've had my ADR 10 weeks, and don't regret a minute of it. I have to admit, I expected to wake up from the surgery and know I was 'fixed', having little or no pain. I know that isn't realistic, and now I understand that there are a lot of ups and downs on this path. You'll be thrilled one day, and in pain the next. But overall it's getting better all the time. I'm back to work full time already and have less pain than before, even without the morphine. That's about all I can ask. I have high hopes that in the months to come I'll be down to little or no pain, but don't expect it immediately. You will do well!! I have faith. If you have realistic expectations, you'll be thrilled with this surgery. I have to force myself to look at it in a months-years perspective, instead of weeks. But overall, I'm thrilled, and know I'm much better off than I would've been with a fusion recovery. Good luck and keep us posted!
Relief X 1 yr
DDD pain 2 1\2 years
13 Docs, 9 PT's, 3 Chiros, 8 Epidurals, many injections, and one child later...
Prodisc placement L 4-5 Sept 2006
Facet Rhizolysis L4-5,L5-S1 March 2007, Nov 2007, Jan 2009
Second child arrived Dec 2008!