View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Administrator

I understand better now. That said, consider that (most) antibiotic studies don’t take into account what I mentioned earlier – what we have learned from experts. Also, studies are sometimes sponsored by pharmaceutical companies, like this one, which was supported by a grant from Hoffmann–La Roche. It is still on PubMed and the NEJM:

Ceftriaxone Compared with Doxycycline for the Treatment of Acute Disseminated Lyme Disease

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056...0501#t=article

Also note the word "acute" in the title. Using "chronic" is a big no-no and so problematic for some people. if untreated, most bacteria create chronic biofilm infections -- get over it!

Many antibiotics are not effective against bugs that have the ability to form biofilms, change into cysts, blebs or corkscrew into human blood cells and become intracellular. So we actually share similar concerns. See the Sapi study that explains this adaptive response bugs have to antbx.

This amazing evolutionary capability for bacteria -- and their complex communities -- to adapt and exploit the immune response has been known for many decades, so it's very sad that we (caring patients) have dropped the ball on educating patients and doctors on how to help people heal.

But the game continues: pharma companies have made substantial investments in very sophisticated biofilm diagnostic companies. There are several layers to this story that I wish had the time to explain; but it's very serious and bad news for patients with chronic bacterial conditions. Bottom line: if big pharma owns the "best" and most sophisticated diagnostics, we are really screwed as a society.

That's the direction we are headed. Every night, I pray that people will wake up and at least pay attention to this kind of news. That's why I am doing this film.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate