View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 AM

Default recovery time for 1 level

Hi all,

I have tentatively been scheduled for a 1 level ADR on April 23. I NEVER anticipated getting this approved so I've been living my life like it wasn't even a remote possibility . My problem is my children (8th and 6th ) go to Charter school (volunteering is mandatory) so I am chaperoning my daughters choir performance to Disneyland three weeks after my procedure. Also, Four weeks after I am a Girl Scout chaperone for a camping trip.

Were you required to wear a soft or hard collar? If so how long? Pain level? Will I be able to sit for a 5-6 hour bus ride? Will I be able to ride any rides? How was your pain level 3-4 weeks out? Restrictions? Can I ride any of the rides or will I ruin my recovery?

I know I am supose to ask my doctor these questions. However, the woman in charge of scheduling couldn't answer my questions and my doctor was in surgery yesterday. She said she'd page him with my questions but I didn' t want to bother him. I told her I'd call him on Monday. Bad idea; now I am super anxious about these prior committments that I can't sleep. I am worrying constantly about what I can and can't do…

Thank you for your feedback, Tammi
Cervical compression with clinical myelopathy with Hoffman's
Tests; MRI's, EMG/NC studies, discogram, CT scan
Pain management; tens unit, ice and heat, physical therapy, chiropratic care, and spinal epidural treatments.
Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Ohio external third party approved Pro-C ADR at C 5-6 on 4/3/13