View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 06:45 AM

Well, here it finally is folks. I had mailed off my final administrator appeal 3 weeks ago..had not heard anything, so I called my husband's employer yesterday (privately owned co., and self-funded) and exchanged voicemails w/ head of HR. I had requested a live interview in my message, and she has granted it, so I go in this afternoon, and will have my answer when I leave. I don't know why, after everything I have put into these appeals, hiring The Insurance Warrior, etc., and now getting this interview, I don't have a good feeling about it. I had a better feel last night. Maybe it's just nerves. I played her message over and over, and it didn't sound like their minds were made up yet, but who knows? Interesting, no medical person makes this final determination, just HR and president of co. Yep, I guess it does just all boil down to money. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me anyway. Say a prayer if you believe in God, or wish me good mojo all the same.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!