View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 03:57 PM

biakenny,

I have learned that qty. does not equal quality. I had surgery by Ritter-Lang and can only say how disappointed I am. I spent 2 years undoing what he had done to me, and I am much worse off because of it.

Stenum has a very sexy program and makes it very easy to choose them. Their facility and nursing care is outstanding. You would probably be there with other Americans. But it all ends there. Ritter-Lang moves through surgery very quickly. He will do 6,7,8 surgeries in a day, mostly Friday for patients from overseas.

In all he probably might not a bad surgeon if he cared. He never discussed my case prior to surgery. He went in took out the proposed discs and patched me up. He did not do a proper decompression and ADR preparation.

So to fix me I had a surgeon perform his very first revision to fusion, as well as install his very first ADR. I had no problems. My surgery took over 2 hours each time, compared to the Ritter-Lang 40 minutes for 2 level ADR, what I like to call his "Drive Thru" Surgery.

I can't tell you what your outcome will be, everything may be fine. But I can tell you , there will be more risk at Stenum, just purely by the spreed and carelessness that Ritter-Lang Operates.

Fusion C6/C7 - 2/2002
Foramenotomy 1/2004 - C5/C6 right side
Stenum M6 - 4/2009 - C4/C5, C5/C6
US Prestige ST - 12/2009 - C3/C4
Revision to Fusion 4/2009 - C5/C6 M6
Auto fuse of M6 at C4/C5 - determined after Xray on 3/2011.
Current - Fused at 3 levels C4/5/6/7, ADR C3/C4
Lumbar L5/S1 Annular tear - pain started 8/2009. MRI Hiz on 3/2011