View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running11 View Post
Hi,
I updated my profile. I hope I did it right! I saw Dr. Kenneth Light and I am looking for another opinion because my neck is on the line! Have to joke. I cried Most of the day .
This pain is awful. I have nerve pain in my face, back of my head, neck and rt foot. Moving my bowels increases pain in my rt limbs .
I have BC/BSof GA because the company my hubby works for is based in Ohio. Dr. Light said it'd be a miracle if my insurance covered a C4-5 C 5-6 disk replacement which he highly reccommends or a fusion of C4-C6(which he doesn't recommend ).

I would so appreciate another opinion in the Bay area. I never felt so alone. I am very thankful for this web site Thanks
Dr. James Reynolds in Daly City and Dr. Coe in Campbell both do 2 level ADR's, though Dr. Coe has done more of them. You will not be able to get any insurance company to pay for what you need. Is going overseas an option?

Also, since I live in the Bay Area, we could get together for coffee or something if you want to talk. Sometimes just being face to face with someone in the same shoes can make a difference.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.