View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
That was Dr. Reynold's associate, yes? Get a second opinion from Dr. Coe. He does more surgeries AND he participates in AIMIS, so he flies to Cyprus to do multi-levels, so he may be able to do things the fine folks in Dr. Reynolds's office cannot.

Insurance will not pay for it. Period. It's all about profits for them. The FDA has not cleared multi-levels yet, so insurance companies won't pay for them because they don't have to do to it being "experimental". How did you sustain the injury? Perhaps there is a way to pay for it there? Like filing a lawsuit or something?

Also, DO try Dr. Coe for the trial of the new disc, too. He might be able to do that on your lumbar spine, then you would only have two limbs to deal with. I wouldn't do anything else until I saw him. In our area, he will be your best bet for help.
In agreement with Lillyth on this! Go and see Dr. Coe for yourself! He is a great surgeon and travels to Cyprus to perform surgeries with AIMIS. AIMIS has partnerships with several insurance carriers. You might be able to see if you qualify for a lower cost surgery. I would be happy to share my experience with going overseas as well. Feel free to PM me.

06/2012- Successful ADR surgery for C4/C5 disc in Cyprus using PCM by NuVasive. Performed by Dr. Mark Peterson through the help of AIMIS.

09/2012- Successful Disctectomy of L5/S1also performed by Dr. Mark Peterson.