View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
OK, all this kale talk is getting weird!

I made red kale tonight for the first time in a few weeks and I didn't like it. I used another variety last time and it was yummy. I need to get smarter on super greens....since I nag you all about it so often! I usually juice it...a great way to cheat. Which varieties are more tender?

Curt, how are you dealing with the pain? Cause of all this DDD?
While of course, juicing is the best cheat for the straight up nutrients (still waiting on someone strong enough to lift the damn juicer to get home so I can juice!) eating the kale in a raw a form as you possibly can is always recommended. If you look at the recipe I posted above, toss the kale and let it sit for a few hours, the oil and soy sauce will soak in and wilt the kale, not only making it more tasty, but also rendering it easier to digest, and super yummy! If you don't like the cheesy taste of the nutritional yeast, omit.

Dino kale is the most tender I find, plus, it has the most nutrients, and ANDI score of 1000, which is the highest you can go.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.