View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 AM

Curt,

What a terrible story.

There are a lot of things that science can't explain; like people being helped by some very unusual diets (unusual by popular American standards). Given your age (I have neckties that are older than you) I'd encourage you to consider trying some of them before submitting to spine surgery.

Something that is routinely seen with spine surgery is that the patient will do very well for a time, sometimes for 20+ years, and then begin having new problems that are thought to be caused by the surgery that fixed the original problem. At 25 you're going to have to live with your decision and the resulting unknown results/variables for a long time.

I've tried a number of therapies suggested by the "whole" and "organic" foods culture for a variety of ailments; all to no avail. However, there are long lines of people that have been helped and even cured of assorted ailments after starting such therapies. Bizzare as they might sound, I'd encourage you to try some of these therapies. This Gerson Therapy that Harrison and Lilyth both use sounds like as good a place to start experimenting as any.

Having said all of that I will go ahead and recommend a US surgeon that I know has a four level lumbar ADR patient walking around symptom free today; Jack Zigler at Texas Back Institute in Plano, TX. However, because he takes a very conservative approach, my guess is that he'll probably refuse to do surgery on you.

Best of luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011