View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
I've tried a number of therapies suggested by the "whole" and "organic" foods culture for a variety of ailments; all to no avail. However, there are long lines of people that have been helped and even cured of assorted ailments after starting such therapies. Bizzare as they might sound, I'd encourage you to try some of these therapies. This Gerson Therapy that Harrison and Lilyth both use sounds like as good a place to start experimenting as any.
"Nutritional therapy" is going to be very slow and have very little apparent effect. It's a great way to improve overall health and will eliminate a host of things you could have suffered from but don't because you eat well. It's going to be difficult to quantify any real improvements because you can't estimate how bad you would have been eating junk food. It's also going to have limited effect on fixing existing problems. A bone broken, for example, due to osteoporosis isn't going to heal instantly if you start avoiding gluten and address the celiac that caused the osteoporosis.

Second thought: Gearson therapy done right is an extremely demanding process. You might want to look at modifying it to fit in your life and seeing how far you can improve your diet without compromising something else. Laura started baking to help me with my apparent celiac and got so wound up in it that she wasn't sleeping enough. We had to back off and realize that trading one problem for another wasn't smart and we'd have to find effective ways to help me without hurting her.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog