Thread: Hi There
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 06:28 PM

Bernadette,

My name is Mike and if you read my short bio in the signature, you will see that I had a Prodisc L procedure by Dr. Pettine's partner/colleague Dr. Donner in May 2013.
I'm doing quite well after a year of up's and down's. I agree with Gene's advice above.
Multiple level lumbar ADR's are quite risky, and I can tell you that now having just ONE in my body, I am less likely to consider 3.
As of now, I have 3 damaged cervical disc's (from car accident) and Dr Donner has suggested that my option is fusion only. I have too much underlying Degenerative Disc Disease and he feels that 3 Cervical ADR's is just too much.
My father was operated on by Pettine, he is an egotist (probably deservedly so) and can be an abrasive character. Having said that however, he is a top-flight surgeon as well as researcher.
Pettine and Donner both have financial interests in the Prodisc. To what extent I do not know. I do know that The Spine Institute is now part of the M-6 clinical trials that are currently going on.
Like Gene said, do your homework (especially if considering overseas surgery) and I'm always available for a phone conversation if you are interested in hearing from someone who has experience with both the Prodisc and The Spine Institute.
Regards,
Mike

2006-2011 Chiro, epidural steroids, nsaids, PT for L4-5 bulge/annular tear
April 25th 2012 35MPH rear end collision, blows out L4-5 and ADDS a tear in C4-5
Cancelled ADR to continue conservative therapies
April 10th 2013: Insurance re-approved and I'm scheduling lumbar ADR for end of the month!
*schedule* ADR Prodisc L April 29th 2013
5-2-2013 ADR using Prodisc L
7-10-2013 New MRI on neck. Surgeon DOES NOT recommend ADR for Cervical.

"I'll be your Huckleberry"