View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 05:12 AM

Wow you were so right--well, I was misinformed I suppose from the get-go. The surgeon doesn't even DO disc replacements! The staff assured me when I was making my appointment that though they couldn't tell me what kind of disc he preferred to use, he does work with another surgeon in the practice that does use the mobi-c (the other surgeon is booked into antiquity), and that they often work together/share techniques. Uh uh. Yeah, so that was a totally awkward appointment--I knew more about disc types than this guy did! He was very nice at least, and said that it sounded like I had done my research. He only does fusions, and he said because of my age, he wouldn't do a fusion unless I was pretty much unable to walk or use my arms anymore. Not a total waste of time, but also not very informative. Now my only option for a different disc type is to go to another city. *sigh*
C5/6 Disc extrusion with cord compression, bone spurs due to uncovertebral arthropathy, right foraminal stenosis and bilateral nerve compression.
C6/7 disc protrusion

Lost appeals for ADR. C5-6 ACDF on 3/10/16
ACDF never fused, and ACDF accelerated damage of the other levels. Someone please kill me.