View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 02:56 AM

The flexion/extension x-rays are what made the retrolisthesis problem come up in the first place--the first and second surgeon I saw didn't ask for them, but the third surgeon did, so I went and got the images. Then during the third surgeon's consultation he noted the retrolisthesis on the flex/extension films. After that, I went back to my first surgeon to review the x-rays and discuss the third surgeon's hesitation for doing the ADR, because I wanted his opinion on that issue.

Neither surgeon gave me a measurement in terms of grade of retrolisthesis, although the one that still wants to do the ADR said, "It's literally just a few millimeters," so I'm guessing that it's a grade 1 retrolisthesis. I asked for the notes on both appointments, but neither has come back from transcription yet.

I would really prefer the ADR, and the first surgeon is so sure about doing it, but yeah, I don't want to make the wrong choice by going that way. It's so hard to decide what way to go...
C5/6 Disc extrusion with cord compression, bone spurs due to uncovertebral arthropathy, right foraminal stenosis and bilateral nerve compression.
C6/7 disc protrusion

Lost appeals for ADR. C5-6 ACDF on 3/10/16
ACDF never fused, and ACDF accelerated damage of the other levels. Someone please kill me.