View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 11:58 PM

Default Lower Back and Pelvic Pain! Considering ADR

Hi Everyone,

I have posted about this a while ago. I have some issues with my lumbar and cervical spine. I have lower back pain a severe genital/rectal pain. I don't have any bladder or bowel function issues (cauda equina) but the pain and creepy crawlies are awful down there. Without nerve pain medication, my back pain would be unbearable as well. I had a consult with Dr. Clavel and he wasn't too sure if my spine was causing my pelvic pain because my disk tears are at L2/3/4 and not L4/5.

If anyone has any insight on this or has had success with ADR surgery and pelvic pain, I would really like to hear from you. ADR is my last shot at getting my life back but I need to be certain that I am making the right decision. A lot of the time, surgery isn't the answer to fixing chronic pain and neck and back surgery scares me. Anyways, here is rundown of my spine issues. Docs all over the place are telling me that none of this is serious, but I beg to differ. My pelvic and low back pain is telling me otherwise.

C5/6 - minimal degenerative change with shallow posterior bulge
L2/3 - mild degenerative disc change with loss of intervertebral disk height and decreased disc T2 signal. There is a shallow broad posterior disc bulge associated with a central annular fissure. This minimally flattens the ventral ascpect of the thecal sac.
L3/4 - same remarks as L2/3
L4/5 - shallow posterior disc bulge with a superimposed LEFT foraminal disc protrusion that encroaches upon the undersurface of the exiting LEFT L4 nerve root. No circumferential nerve compression.

Thanks so much for any given support!

Gina
L4/5 - shallow posterior disc bulge with a superimposed LEFT foraminal disc protrusion that encroaches upon the undersurface of the exiting LEFT L4 nerve root.

Mild rotoscoliosis centred at L3 and 4mm retrolithesis at L3/4.