View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 06:34 PM

Default Fairness

It appears to be continued bias toward various European surgeons and toward others. This is particularly disturbing to me as most of the visitors to this site come for (and I hope receive) empathy, support and information.

There are a few members that continually want to argue which team is better, the Yankees or Mets, the White Sox or Cubs. This is totally counterproductive for all involved.

It's gotten to the point that I feel my and others opinions are muffled since we believe our research and experiences are discounted as rubbish. We are continually belittled by vocal opponents of a certain surgeon even when they have no reference point to base their allegations on.

I will be more than happy to continue to post here because I believe I need to repay the support I have (and continue) to receive from members of this forum. However, I feel it is imperitive that opinions and experiences be heard without fear of being attacked by "killer Bs" (neat nickname, eh?).

This happened recently to one of our members. We needed yo hear that thread through. The detractor that STARTED that thread made very sarcastic and unsubstantiated claims (or researched facts as he put it). The thread was closed before he could respond with his proof. I for one would like to see his proof. If his response(s) are valid and actually do offer actual hard evidence, I may have my opinions swayed.

The bottom line, the request is simply this:

None of us on this site are doctors or surgeons. We are patients trying to find relief from pain. Regardless of the course of treatment we individually choose, the others should be supportive and hope and pray for the best possible outcome.

Let's try to act like adults and respect each others opinions, needs and especially, our vulnerabilities.

Bob
04/07 Recurrent Disc L5/S1
4 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 5 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 L4/5 & L5/S1 Maverick disc at Stenum