Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 03:10 PM

Question Options

I like the idea of contacting other ADR patients of a dr. I have to go to Charlotte on 01/02 to see my surgeon and I think I'll ask him to put me in touch with some of his Charite patients. I would hope that our dr's would not just selectively put us in touch with patients with only good outcomes.

If you work in the research field, you might have access to medline which is a good data-base. www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov is also a good resource and is accessible to everyone. I would also check the "ADR Surgical Outcomes" forum and post on "Arthroplasty Central." There has to be patients on this forum who have has the ADR/fusion hybrid.

Frankly, a lot of the information out there is confusing and contradictory. With your research background, you are probably better equipped than most to cut through some of the smoke and decide what will give you the best long-term result. ADR has looked very good in some long-term European studies, but has been attracting some vey negative reviews now that it has become available in the U.S.

Insurance! Check the "Insurance Hell" forum for tips on dealing with insurance companies. Also, check the Prodisc web site. Most ADR manufacturers have information on getting insurance approval and have representatives to help with the process. Even if you get the ADR at your expense, you can appeal and possibly be reimbursed later.

I'll pass along any information that I find and keep us all posted on your progress.
Living on Ultracet and Vicodin ES and only working part-time
Disqualified from Active-L trial due to low bone density in spine
ALIF 02/10/09