Thread: Dr Bierstedt
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 11:51 PM

Default Hey Jerry

Hey Jerry for me and having two levels it was just under 40 K. That includes the rehab and massage everyday. That does not include your hotel and airfare however.

As far as insurance my work comp attorney said that if something goes wrong directly involved with the ADR I prob will not be covered and would have to return to Germany. I know you are covered I think for at least a short period to return to Germany if the disks do shift once you return home. My attorney did say though my work would have to continue pain management as long as I was not worse as a result of the surgery.

It's a tough decision to make and to be honest I really don't know for sure what my insurance is going to actually do when I get back home. I am going to submit for additional rehab to my work comp insurance when I get back. If you can wait to see if the FDA will allow the M6 disk in the states that might be a better bet. For me though I was just in too much pain and couldn't wait any longer.

Just make sure that if you do end up doing ADR in the states that whoever does it has done a lot of them. I had a hard time finding Dr's that did more than even 20 a year. They seem to do a lot of fusions but not a lot of ADR's. In fact I saw some of the best spine surgeons in LA and they all prefer to do fusions and always tried to steer me in that direction.
2013 sent med records to Dr Bierstedt. Suggests M6 ADR on L-4 to S-1. Had to medically retire as a detective which was very hard to do. City I work for will only approve fusion or hybrid under work comp for two level.
2013 Aug 27th surgery date with Bierstedt. (Had to pull the trigger) M-6 disks on L4-S1