View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 08:09 PM

Surprised, that's great you had such an awesome outcome! I will send X-rays to dr bierstedt as all he saw was my MRI and I don't think it's enough to just make a decision here. I have mild reversal of lordosis and was told that the fusion at c5 6 will correct it likely. My main concern is for stability of the adr when I have such a narrow space there for the cord. I was told the adr might malfunction and move towards the cord since the osteophhytes will be cut in the back of the vertebrae. I will ask dr b. This question. I'm kind of tired or researching all this and took a couple of days off and feel so much better about itall. As so many people out there get much worse diagnosis of some cancer or something crazy, that I now feel that this is just a surgery that will correct things and I will be fine. I think it's all a matter of perspective, I just need to choose right...
Harrison, thank u for the input. From what I understood, you would go with the fusion in my place, correct? I checked out the links you posted but it wasn't easy to synthesize for me, couldn't get the first article.
Can anybody else chime in? Jeff, I read you had some compression too and osteophytes but no kyphosis? Was your decision to get fusion based on the fact that it was rushed and u didn't have time to research options abroad? Or you feel like you would have gone for fusion anyways?

Thank you all for support!