View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 08:12 PM

Hi everyone, once again, please forgive me for taking so long to get back to you. I've just had a lot of stuff going on in my life & had to take a break from posting for a while. I have lost all of my appeals with my insurance company. I have also chosen to appeal to the NYS Dept. of Insurance. They sent my appeal to an "outside reviewing authority" who upheld my insurance company's decision. While I have appealed this decision, & hope to get off my duff & appeal the denial again, in my heart I know I have lost my fight to have Empire pay for this procedure.

As for going to Germany to have ADR surgery, I have thought of it. I do have family there. They are a few hours away from Straubing. I would have to ask my mother to go with me so she could translate. What keeps me from going thru with the decision to go is money. Until I can get that figured out, I'm kinda left out in the cold.

Years ago, when my mom came to America, she needed surgery on her hip & leg. She found a wonderful doctor at NYU who was kind enough to take her case just about pro bono. Wouldn't it be great if there were still doctors in the world today who still did this? I wish mine would help me out. The healthcare system in this country is very disappointing.

In any event, I will try once again with the state to try & get the denial reversed. I'm a stubborn PIA & don't take no as an answer very easily. I hope to find more time to post on the boards. I wish those who are still fighting luck & to those recovering, all the best on your recovery.
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09