View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 08:20 PM

Well, I got my denial to my 2nd level appeal on Friday. I was only able to convince 1 of the 3 "doctors" to side with me. I guess I should be happy that I got at least 1 to agree.

After reading the report several times, I just got more & more ticked off at these quacks. One dumb SOB had the nerve to say that my pain was in my head. That's a pretty dangerous observation from someone who's never even seen the patient.

The other dumba$$ just listed things that weren't true & had these "doctors" read the literature that I sent and my OS's reports, they would realize just how dumb their responses were.

I'm just so emotionally drained at this point. I was lead to believe by the folks at my insurance company that I would likely see their decision overturned by the 2nd level appeal. I don't even know where to go from here now other than to crawl into a dark hole & stay there. Maybe then my brain will tell my back & neck to stop hurting. Thank you for listening to my ramblings. I'm off to attempt the homework I've put off for the past week.
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09