View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 07:51 AM

Nairek...........I'm not sure how it works in N.Y. or with your insurance co. I have been denied 2x's by United Health Care in writing to me personally and once with the surgeon and I jointly composing a letter. That whoe process took up to a year to get through. My insurance co. says my next alternative is either through my employer requesting to the co. or through the state insurance commission in Tallahassee. I've chosen the state route as I didn't want the employer here going into my personal life any further than they must. I've also sought counsel from an attorney whose specialty is insurance claims. Of course, all this requires time, patience and money. In the meantime, I'm doing all I can not to allow the pain to control my life. I'm taking advantage of the procedures my insurance co. does cover (that's also a step to seeing that all my bases are covered), but I've gotten fairly good results recently from some of the procedures. Like the Manipulation Under Anesthesia really opened up the lower back and legs - a big relief. More recently, a shot into the piriformis muscle to attempt to relieve my constant companion - sciatica. Some relief from that though I'm not a big believer in the injections. So while you're doing some consideration on your next move and since our problems are quite the same, there are some open doors to keep knocking that lead to other open doors......resilience is not born but created................all the best to you.....we're listening and with you.