View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 10:35 AM

Hi Jason,

I have been on disability since my accident in Oct. I still wake up at the same time I would if I was going to work 5:30 am. I try to go back to sleep but my mind what to get going. I have been ready to quite my job for years but now I miss it more than anything. Not getting to see the kids is the hardest part of this, I teach PE to children with disabilities. Will they remember me?

One of the things I have been told is to get up, get dressed and start your day like you are going to work even though you may just go back to bed. This is a way for your body and mind to get refreshed. Be on some type of schedule or program. For me having appointments, PT, therapy, doctors is also a good way to get me out of the house and not feel so shut in. My dog Lilly also helps me a bunch.

This may be more difficult for you and are only suggestions that have helped me. I feel for you in regards to the insurance issue you have the right to be flaming mad! Don't let them mess with your spirit and drive for the truth. Keep plugging along. This is your job now even though you didn�t apply for it.

Hang in there and have faith buddy it will all workout and in the end you will be so much better off then you are now and will have paved the road for others to follow in your foot steps. It�s hard to be a pioneer and you are in the mist of digging trenches that will produce an abundant crop in the future.

Let me know if I can do anything to help as I have lots of time on my hands as well. I always love a good fight!

Paulette
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything