View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 11:51 PM

Default Seeing Dr Zeegers next week for lumbar ADR

I'm seeing Dr Zeegers next week for his recommendation for 2 level lumbar ADR with Activ-L.

When I'm on Percocet and lidocaine topical patch I'm a 2/10 pain scale, and when I stop my meds I'm a 4/10 pain scale, mostly when sitting with pain mostly in my upper butt area and some lumbar. I've been this way for a few years, and though physical therapy helped a bit to get my pain to this level this is the best I'll get, but unfortunately I am a musician and need to sit for long periods which isn't possible without meds right now which leave me foggy and tired.

Dr Zeegers reviewed my scans and it is definitely discogenic pain in L4/L5 & S1/51 and could get rid of at least half my pain so I could get off meds.

I've talked with some of Dr Zeegers patients who had ADR at the same levels of which many had lumbar and facet pain eliminated.

Would you proceed with the 2 level ADR with my pain levels?
2011- L4-L5, S1-L5 Laser micro-D: failed, still in pain. Facets look normal, failed treatment, not pain generator.
2012- New MRI, X-ray. 3 ADR surgeons advise hybrid L4-L5 ADR & S1-L5 STALIF one level fusion, 1 says 2 level ADR. Prefer Activ-L.