View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 11:04 AM

Update: I did receive the extension of my STD to the end of the policy which was Aug 30th and got the pay out a few days later. Now waiting on my LTD to be approved through the same company (Standard).

I also have another Long Term Disability policy through UNUM and applied just for the heck of it back in May to see if it would be approved and how much they would pay me weekly--still waiting. Even if they would approve my disability claim I would not go through them. They have had my claim for almost 5 months and have done nothing but harass my doctors and I and will do everything possible to stall the process. If you have a policy with them, switch it to another company. The Standard has been pretty good and very nice and compassionate when I talk to them which is usually weekly. Unum on the other hand will not return your phone calls and you can never get a hold of your adjuster--but when she calls she is a stick of dynamite.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy