View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 10:10 AM

The UNUM representative called me and told me my STD was denied because they thought I was able to do my job at work. They are now opening up a new claim for LTD which has a two month waiting period. What a joke. I am still waiting to hear back from the Standard. They have no waiting period since I was approved for the STD and received it to the end. I have heard so many horror stories about UNUM and am so thankful that at least I was able to collect from the Standard.

I have an attorney reviewing my UNUM case and waiting to hear back from her after she reviews the denial letter and review of my policy certificate. She said we might be able to fight them for a lump sum. So many people have been screwed by UNUM. They are known for their denials but they don't seem to realize who their fighting with.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy