View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 08:07 AM

Hi everyone, While I am nervously awaiting my second appeal, I have a question: our healthcare provider is thru my husband's employer, and it is a privately held/owned co. My husband is a senior VP, been with co. over 15 years. His boss (owner) hearing about my surgery, graciously gave Rick his earned bonus early (normally if you qualify, you receive in Sept). Now my husband is too embarrassed to ask him to just authorize approving my surgery. I'm saying, return bonus until Sept.(which still won't cover surgery), and ask him politely to just authorize the surgery. Is this way out of line? He could just authorize it couldn't he? I don't think we can hire a lawyer under these circumstances, against the insurance. Wouldn't that be almost like suing the company, or no? Please advise. I'm confused. Thank-you. (ps: in Germany, do you pay separately for your artificial discs?)
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!