View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 02:27 PM

Angry Newbee to the group..

My name is Danielle, Im 35 and have had severe back pain since 2007. I have done PT, acupunture, facet injections,steroid injections......

In September of 2010 I had a L3-L4, L4-L5 discectomy. I had a very hard time recovering from this and had alot of nerve pain.

I have:
DDD L-3 down thru S1, I have very little if any disk space on all levels. Through the years I have had many mri's and cat scans as well as injections several times a year. All tests showing some slow change as time progressed.
2/2011: Discography was positive, mri and ct scan show tearing and leaking in the disk that is there and nerves are inflamed. My spine doctor is amazing but says I need a multiple level (3) disc replacement. Im taking Avinza daily and percocet as needed. I stay comfortable but have alot of left hip pain .

Im very nervous about this, confused on the insurance and just overwhelmed and tired of having to take RX. I would love any advice on how you decided to go thru with the surgery ect... I have an appointment April 18, 2011 to see Dr. Delamarter in California.