View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 03:45 AM

Smile Hello

Hello Gary,

First off, welcome to the forum! You will find a wealth of information here which may help you in your decision to have surgery or not.

Members on this forum are very supportive and can offer a lot of insight to the myriad of spinal problems out there. I read over your post very quickly (the please be gentle caught my eye) & can understand your hesitation about going forward with surgery. I noticed that you mentioned that you had trouble turning over in bed. I had this problem as well a few times & have to say that was one of the scariest things I have ever had happen to me. I felt like I was paralyzed from the pain. You also mentioned pain going across your lower back above the glutes. Have you ever had an x-ray of your SI Joints? I ask because I have SI Joint issues & it sounds like you have a lot of the same symptoms that I had as well.

Again, welcome to the forum. Do not worry about long posts either. Off to slumberland I go.
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09