Thread: New Here...
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally View Post
Thank you for your comments, very helpful.

As for that any Dr. having time to read your entire file i agree that may be asking alot depending on how big it is. I had not picked up my copy of the what the Dr. wrote on my diso-gram till after I saw him, but when i took , what 2-3 minutes to read it , it plainly said disc. L4L5 no pain, so that is what I was mostly upset about, well and of course his not wanting to talk to my sister sitting right beside me. I always take her when i can if it is for something this important, she knows alot more questions to ask that I.

My MRI apparently did not show much at all, so this is why they sent me for a disco-gram. He basically told me nothing can be done go home and try to live your life LOL, I understand that fusion is not an option in my case because there is a good disc in-between the two bad ones, but when I mentioned that I was interested in a disc replacement all I got from both Dr.s I have seen so far is , they dont recommend them. So i just didnt say anymore to them about it as they were negitive. Oh well differant Dr. differant day lol......
I ~trust laid-up-doc more than what I think/write. She wrote about a "unimpressive MRI". Both you and she got the discography. I somewhat understand what she wrote. I suggested looking around to see if the nocimed.com software is installed anywhere in your area to double confirm(?) the discography before making a surgical decision, with a secondary objective of looking for a non-surgical alternative.

The UCSF video ( 89 minutes ) gave perspective below. I watched the video again last weekend. Low Back Pain: Causes, Conservative Treatment & Surgical Intervention - UCTV - University of California Television The UCSF suggestion is avoid surgery with PT / Pilates and weight loss if that is possible. My limited opinon is I do the same. I suggest seek medical opinons as you are reasonably able with your sister.

Did your MRI speak to nerve compression, central canal, foraminal, or lateral recess?

The discogenic pain, determined by discopgraphy, or possibly by magnetic spectroscopy or T-1rho, might give more weight for surgery vs. PT / Pilates.

Both your doctors/surgeons deferred on the Artificial Disc Replacement. That is valid from their perspective, training and (limited) experience. You mentioned going to Texas for TBI. That will provide another perspective.

Non-contiguous ADR / TDR is not written up in the literature from what I recall.
Non-contiguous Fusion might be written about, possibly in the context of scoliosis.

Slackwater_SF