View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 07:26 PM

Hi. I might need, pending a discogram and more facet injections, at least a fusion at L5-S1 and ADR at L4-L5 - a place that makes me nervous in case of trouble.

At one esteemed LA spine surgeon's office, the insurance person told me that with my coverage of BC of CA and BC/BS of NY (weak policy), that if I bill only for the one level fusion, they can deny this if they find out I had an ADR paid out-of-pocket. In the States, even this is expensive. I could alternatively try to get the ADR hybrid in full approved which of course would be a "no".

So is this how things are? That a person with a hybrid must pay for all levels out-of-pocket as an ADR at one level can preclude payment at all? I find this to be shocking.

Europe's to expensive for me. I know there's Pimenta in Brazil but don't know about his facilities, exchange rate - or anything other than he's respected. I think they ignored one person's attempts to contact them.

Anyhow, I sound like I'm complaining.

Just checking if people are encouraged to pay out of pocket for ADR/fusion hybrids, in toto.

Thanks and be well. - Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.