View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 02:00 AM

Allan,

If you find an answer to get insurance to cover ADR, please tell everyone. I have Blue Cross of California and they are some unprintable name.
I can't believe insurance companies are so stupid.
I like my ADR and yet I continue to fight BC and tackle workers comp also.
I keep thinking what would have happened if BC just approved the ADR when we asked for it. I would probably still be employed.
A lot of times I have just wanted to throw up my hands into the air and say, "who cares. You bleeping Blue Cross."
With wc, I have to prove that lifting patients and heavy stuff, caused my DDD. To me it is a no-brainer, but I am the one who was going to massage therapy because my lower back was hurting more and more. I didn't have a clue about DDD.
I feel like nobody is cutting ADR patients a break. I mean nobody from the private insurance companies (other than Aetna, Cigna, Kaiser). Like I always say, what use is insurance if you cannot use it?
I would fight for every little thing. I don't think insurance companies can deny care because you self-paid for an ADR.
I think that is a scare tactic, but ask someone more knowledgible in insurance law.
Again, my two cents--for whatever it is worth.

Kimmers