View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:48 PM

Default Distraction Pain

I had an ADR 3/29/11 with Dr. Nunley where I received the Freedom disc. The disc was placed at L5-S1. I have distraction pain centered in the right foot and will be trying Neurontine to combat it. At this point I have no pain from the lower back or the incision site so remaining on Loratab 7.5/500 seems foolish. I'll let you know how the Neurontine handles the distraction pain.

If the distraction pain gets bad this has been my morning routine to combat it:
1. Bath tub with hot water and epsom salts filled to below the level of the incision (incision covered with 3"X4" CVS nonstick sterile large pad cut in half, held on with Nexcare 3M Gentle Paper tape, with thin layer of bacitracin over incision).
2. Gentle massage with lotion after tub, I use Neutrogena Daily Therapeutic Lotion.
3. Slow walk based on your pain level. I was advised that the only real cure for distraction was to get the nerves used to action at their new tightness.
4. Remove shoe and sock and place foot in dish pan with ice water in it if it feels swollen at all.
5. Repeat lotion massage.

Nothing real earth shattering, but between the routine and a few cold gel packs its kept me functional. Some people have had luck with a TENS unit, but the relief doesn't seem to last long for me. I'll let you know if the neuroleptic medication helps any.
MRI Showing Rupture at L5-S1
3-17-11 Discography L4-L5 (neg), L5-S1(pos)
3-29-11 ADR installed under Axiomed Clinical trial