View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:49 PM

Default Looking for advice

Hi Everyone. This is my first post. I've got degenerative L4-L5 discs. Pain has been getting worse as the years roll on. I have tried a lot of things to help. Started out with regular chirporactic treataments, at least 4 cycles of physical therapy, etc. Im now at the point where my physical activity level is too low, as doing almost anything athletic (even using that term loosely) is too painful.

Ive seen many many doctors, most recently a surgeon who recommended 3 level fusion. I had the discogram to confirm the diagnosis, but cant bring myself to do the surgery. Ive been thinking about ADR but really know nothing other than what I have learned on the web, which is hard to trust. A doctor recommended by someone I trust is set to see me in a few weeks, to tell me if he thinks I may be a canduidate for ADR. I'd love any input from anyone who has any, including what questions I should ask, their experiences if they are willing to share them, and anything else that might be relevant.

Im generally a very positive person, and Im doing my best to maintain hope, but the journey has been trying, and seemingly getting worse. Im 44, was, until 2 years ago, very active in sports (basketball, baseball, weightlifting, cardio, etc...), and looking to get my life back. Anyone who is able to provide some advice would be greatly appreciated.