View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 04:47 AM

I've never heard of this but Laura and I have had no reason for the subject to have come up in our many discussions with doctors so that shouldn't mean much to you.

I'd attempt to throw some logic at this. You have extensive damage in your c-spine. If you attempted to fuse from C3/4 through to C6/7, you'd have a huge immobile section there and would likely have cause huge amounts of localized movement at C2/3 and C7/T1 (I think that's the next segment, please forgive if I have it wrong). If the concern is the ADR motion leading to localized nerve irritation, I can't see how that unnatural motion at C2/3 and C7/T1 wouldn't do pretty much the same thing. Your lumbar spine is similar with an already existing fusion at L4/5 and damage at L5/S1.

The problem of throwing logic at something like this is that your body is too complicated and some tiny fact that I don't know could completely invalidate the whole thought process. I would, though, make sure Dr. Chapman understands how many bad spinal levels you have and isn't thinking that you're just dealing with a single level ADR. If that were the case, I could see the argument in favor of a fusion being weak, but potentially suppportable. With as much damage as you have in your spine, I just can't see it.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog