Thread: The Titanic
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 01:39 PM

MRI would be better at showing just about anything than an xray - I'd ask your pain dr. Doesn't mean that the person reading the MRI didn't gloss over the facets or put in a macro for the read of that part (trust me, IT HAPPENS).

i know that not everyone has the access to radiologists that i do, but i took all of my films to the musculoskeletal rads at my hospital and had them all reviewed before i did anything. yes, i'm that paranoid. pain docs and spine surgeons nearly always look at the films themselves, so they should be able to chime in.

i know nowhere near as much about cervical issues as i do lumbar - i have cervical muscle issues but nothing structural, due to hypermobility per my PT -- but what i can tell you is that you are asking the right questions!! hopefully your pain dr is good and patient and will work through those issues w/ you. hopefully you can find at least 2-3 stateside surgeons from whom you can get an honest and thoughtful opinion - even if the right thing to do isn't for them to operate on you... that they will admit it!

best of luck!!
laidupdoc@gmail.com if my PM box is full

The content herein represents my professional thought and opinions in a general sense only; they do not constitute professional advice or services. if you need medical advice, please consult a licensed physician.