View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Reposted for Jan - New Member

Hi Jan, I reposted your topic (found it on another thread). You really deserve your own post and introduction! I am so sorry about your problem, I hope we can help you!

Please reply to this topic soon, so other members can PM you if they want. Lastly, you can search for other members form your area (there are many), and also by doctor name. You may want to reach out to both after you've sifted through the many topics. Let me know if you need help.

This is my first post and I am at the very beginning of gathering information for recommended ADR. I began having lower back pain after Stg. III breast cancer and it has become increasingly worse over the last 10 yrs. I am having a problem walking now even for short distances and I was told on Friday that I need surgery. I have bulging disc's and advanced DDD. My guess is that 10 yrs of Femara contributed to my problem. I've also had knee replacement in both knees and Femara has a known side effect of these issues. I'm a diabetic (after 10 mos of chemo) and I will soon be 69. Likely the oldest person on the site. However, I'm a fighter who plans to enjoy the rest of my life standing upright.

I'm very interested in what I read about ProDisc and who is doing them. I'm not happy about what I read regarding fusion. I live in Charlotte NC but I'm willing to go where the best treatment is. I am seeing an orthopedic surgeon but worked in neurology so I'm not as comfortable as I want to be with my surgeon. I was an office manager and non-clinical.

Thanks for any info. So happy to have found this site!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate