View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal57 View Post
If Im understanding things properly, I cant do a fusion on L5-S1 and then subsequently do a ADR on L4-L5, and vice versa. So the net effect is I can do a 2 level fusion and get it paid for, or do a hybrid (like I think I want to do) and pay for it myself (meaning Im paying for the fusion "portion" of the surgery as wel as the ADR).
You can do the surgeries as two separate steps. It means two procedures with all of the risks of two procedures. Scarring of the blood vessels is a real concern and can lead to real problems with the second procedure. You could also speak with an insurance advocate to see what could be done about getting a fusion done overseas covered by your insurance.

I can't speak from direct experience about Pimenta but he seems to be the ADRSupport sleeper surgeon. Almost no one talks about him but he seems to be involved in every new thing and new idea, often before the regular surgeons mentioned here are playing with it.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog