View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 08:37 AM

Jackal,

The posters on this site that go by Sandy123 and Maggie both underwent lumbar spine surgery with Dr Pimenta. Both had excellent outcomes and rave about Dr Pimenta. If you PM'd them I know they'd be happy to share their experiences with you.

I did extensive research when putting together my third appeal to BCBS-TX for reimbursement of my double cervical ADR. During the course of that research I observed that Dr Pimenta's name seemed to appear more in English language ADR research studies than any other surgeon; including Zigler and Bertagnoli. Dr Pimenta is well liked by his patients, widely published, and profusely cited by his peers. Though he doesn't get much attention in this forum, I came away from my research with the impression that he is one of the premier ADR researchers on the planet. I have two fusions, two ADRs and will most likely need one more fusion or ADR in the future. If that day comes and for whatever reason my last surgeon is not available, I will consider Dr Pimenta.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011