Thread: Adr vs fusion
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:52 PM

Marita,

The more levels that have to be addressed, the more difficult the recovery and the more likely there will be complications. I don't specifically know any more than that regarding three level fusions.

I don't recall hearing of a single ADR surgeon in New Mexico; so I don't know of anyone to point you to.

I didn't notice any loss of mobility after my first fusion, but I did notice it after the second; things like looking up at something my wife was pointing at, or trying to back a car, all required new techniques. The double fusion wasn't a problem until eight years later when I was told I needed three more! Which is when I had the double ADR. Less the loss of mobility from two fusions, I'm doing great, can do anything I want, have no pain and no limitations. I do have residual numbness in my left hand that is probably permanent; most likely from waiting too long to have the issue addressed when it reared its head again in 2008.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011