View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 PM

First off, please let me say that I'm not a salesperson for the company or anything like that. Eve I'm just a satisfied customer who went over on her own dime and had surgery done. I only want to help others.

That being said, the company I used was called AIMIS. It stands for the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery. Their website is AIMIS - World Leading Spine Centre Organization. You can upload your MRIs to their surgeons to review, and then the surgeons can recommend the best implant for your scenario. I am not familiar with the M6 device, so I can't say anything to that. I do know that since the surgery isn't done in the US, you have access to other implant options that are available in Europe. I know that if you aren't in an area where there is a AIMIS member surgeon nearby they offer video conferencing. My surgeon happened to be local, but not everyone is as fortunate on that count. I know that Dr. William Smith out of Las Vegas is one of the top guys to work with. He travels to Cyprus multiple times a year to perform ADR or TDRs as they are called in Cyprus. He probably does more procedures a year than most American doctors do in their lifetime.
As for the safety of Cyprus, I too was worried. However, since Cyprus is part of the European Union, they aren't considered a part of the Middle East, but Europe. They are closer to Greek in their politics, except for the whole bankruptcy issue going on in Greece. The people of Cyprus are mostly Greek Orthodox, and there is very little issue with the religious groups. Turkey controls the northern top of the island, but it is a mostly peaceful sharing of the island. The Cypriots are the kind of people who perfer to argue politics over dinner and a glass of wine than with guns and missiles. It is odd to think of being so close to the fighting going on, but really Cyprus is like an insulated bubble when it comes to the fighting over there. If you have any questions about the political climate, I could refer you to my friend. She lives in Limassol and could help allay any worries you have.

As for local crime, I felt very safe there. I walked alone and rode busses with cash in my handbag during the day and at night with my husband, and never felt any danger. Crime is relatively low there. People rarely gave me a second glance. Truthfully, I felt safer in Cyprus than I did in Amsterdam.

The hospital was built in 2011, I think. It is in a nice area. Again though, AIMIS uses a private hospital. That means you get the top of the line care. The day I went in to surgery I waited all of ten minutes after the nurse put in my IV before I was wheeled down to the operating room. Checking out was a breeze. I had my own dedicated nurse while I was there.

Wow! I didn't realize how long my post had gotten. Oops!! I don't want to hijack this thread, so please feel free to PM me.

06/2012- Successful ADR surgery for C4/C5 disc in Cyprus using PCM by NuVasive. Performed by Dr. Mark Peterson through the help of AIMIS.

09/2012- Successful Disctectomy of L5/S1also performed by Dr. Mark Peterson.