View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 PM

Default More "newbie" questions

As you can imagine, the more I learn the more questions surface. I am wondering if anyone can help with questions below. My discs are damaged from c3-4 to c6-7, and even c7-t1 has a small protrusion, and t2-3 might be herniated too. The worst disk is C 5-6 which is pressing my cord, as is c4-5 and c6-7, mildly.

I have a pretty immediate need to decompress my spinal cord, and my plan b - if TBI doesn't work out - is to do this more incrementally. And accept I will need further work down the road. (Is this a really bad way to look at it? )

1) is it true dr.s in the US are not allowed to implant an AD on a level above or below a fusion? Or in a mutiple level degeneration scenario?

2) if I were to get a fusion on one level to get the pressure off my cord, then get adr at a later date at adjacent levels, does that exclude me from doing the adr in the US?

3) how easy is it to get a surgeon to provide follow-up support here in US after having an ADR overseas? Will insurance cover follow- up appts?

4) anyone have different types of ADR's in their neck? (E.g. A Pro disc at one level and an M-6 at another? Is that advisable?

Phew...still can't believe I'm even having to write this message but super grateful for this community!

Marita