View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:30 PM

Marita,

Those are some very good questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marita View Post
1) is it true dr.s in the US are not allowed to implant an AD on a level above or below a fusion? Or in a mutiple level degeneration scenario?
Neither of those are true. I was scheduled for surgery with a US surgeon (Jack Zigler) that was going to place an ADR below my two fusions. There are others on this board that have had multilevel ADRs done in the US.

Quote:
2) if I were to get a fusion on one level to get the pressure off my cord, then get adr at a later date at adjacent levels, does that exclude me from doing the adr in the US?
You would not be precluded from ADR in the US at a future date. Some on this board have done that.

Quote:
3) how easy is it to get a surgeon to provide follow-up support here in US after having an ADR overseas? Will insurance cover follow- up appts?
US surgeons get really miffed that you don't think that they were good enough to do your surgery, and it could be a challenge to find one that will help you if you have future trouble at the operative level, or even find one that will do a follow up on your surgery.

Quote:
4) anyone have different types of ADR's in their neck? (E.g. A Pro disc at one level and an M-6 at another? Is that advisable?
The poster on this site that goes by christinlal has one ProDisc-C and an adjacent M6-C done maybe two years apart. I don't know if that's advisable or not.

You're doing all the right things ... research, research and then some more research. That's how you increase the probability that you'll make the right decision.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011