View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:48 AM

Default Thinking about contacting Dr Bierstedt and a couple other questions

Hello fellow spiney's (and former spiney's)

Perhaps one day I can become a former spiney and I think the only chance of that would be through a successful ADR surgery. A little FYI before my questions. My back woes started 5 years ago and I went from feeling like superman at age 28 to my current stiff, board walking spine at age 33. I've spent about 30k on physios, chiros, oseteos, naturapaths and the likes. I have a completely locked up left sacroiliac joint which may have excellerated degeneration.

I have got 2 MRI's (Lumbar and SIJ) and multiple x-rays which show functional scoliosis and annular tears L5-S1 and L5-L4, DDD. I have large numbness patches on frontal thigh and neurological pain in saddle area with calf and feet pain. Walking and sitting aren't fun and this crap only gets worse. I'm ready for surgery and I'm very happy to have found this site. I just pray that this hope I am feeling about ADR isn't dashed like the thousands of previous times.

I want to contact Dr Bierstedt for my first consultation because from what I'm seeing on this site he is among the best.

Questions:

-Should I just contact him through the website, is this the best way to initiate the process? How much for a consult with Dr Bierstedt?

- I have what feels like a leg length discrepancy, is there a chance that ADR will correct this feeling and my functional scoliosis along with it too?

- For any Canadian residents, did the Canadian health care system offer to pay for any of the ADR surgery expenses?

Thanks everyone in advance of any advice you can offer.