View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 05:45 PM

Hi, I thought I'd join into this consultation fee discussion. I have contacted Zeegers (directly), Clavel (thru Yolanda), Bierstedt (via Kelli).

Zeegers called me at home for approx. 25-30 min and makes it very clear that he does nothing until he receives 630 euro then he looks at films, etc - all part of his 'PERFECT DIAGNOSIS', he also line items all costs, into 3 categories a) diagnosis b) hospital c) his personal surgical fee.
He has also exchanged a few emails w/me, but I sense that he is not interested in ongoing communications until he receives his 630euro

Clavel (Yolanda) has given me estimates for a 1 & 2 level ADR and has not mentioned anything to me about a separate consultation fee.....should I press her on that?

Bierstedt (Kelli) basically the same as Clavel/Yolanda - only difference is the surgical fees seem to be about 3-4K cheaper than Clavel or Zeegers

Up to this point, I was under the impression that Clavel & Bierstedt will take my mri and data sheet and tell me (1) if I qualify and (2) and this is a assumption on my part, a more accurate cost est. and what their preliminary strategy is before actually physically examining me once I commit & arrive.

I believe for the most part this is primarily a Bierstedt thread, but any comments on the consultation fee is welcomed. And of course I assume you all mean a phone or video conference consult
Un-diagnosed til 09. (Cannot sit)
Low back pain mild until 2011 - pull started a generator from knees.
rhizotomy Nov 2011 - zilch
Facet joint inj. 18 mo. (no impact)
Can only stand/walk for approx. 30 min
21 hrs/day in bed
L3-5 Activ-Ls (April 2014) Dr Zeegers - walk every day, swim 3 x week. Pain free, no pain meds. Extremely pleased with my decision