View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM

Hi Sandy,

I am going to Dr. B in a few weeks for a 2level ADR. The hospital gave me both the x-ray and the MRI on CD which I mailed to Germany. The first one arrived broken because I didn't package it carefully. Put it in an old plastic CD case. Dr. B's office received it within 5 days and had no trouble viewing it. I could not figure out how to get the information in a format to email.

I have found that my family doctor is extremely supportive of sending me for MRI's and X-rays maybe you can try that? He doesn't have an interest in losing my business to Germany. In fact he's seen a botched ADR surgery here and strongly recommends I go to the best. Even some of the neurosurgeons and the one who performed my diskogram have been pretty supportive of the decision to go there. The big issue though is that no one is willing to follow up with me when I return. But in talking with many of the success stories on this site, I'm just hoping to be one of them and not need any follow up. Scary stuff though.
I have UHC and have been denied initially. The phone rep says there may be a chance of getting the surgery for one level covered. I didn't feel that I had the choice to wait for those decisions due to the rapid progression of the disease. So at this point we have wired over $46K (that doesn't include airfare/hotel/food etc)and am hoping I have made the right decision. We have three young kids and this is no small amount of $$ to us.

Good luck in all of your decisions. It really is brutal.

Cheryl
Feb 2008 Prodisc L4-S1 Dr. B, Straubing Germany - SUCCESS
Now I have cervical pain, heading down the same path