View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 02:26 PM

Hi all, I’m so happy to see this ADR site up!!! I went to the scoliosis site a few years ago & recently, and although they are very intelligent on fusions they sure do not push for the ADR’s because their doctors tell them they are not candidates for ADR’s because of their previous fusions but I refuse to accept that! And I was right, I did send my x-rays to Germany & they did approve me for 2 ADR’s even though I still have a curve & 13 fused discs. I also met a woman (on a different pain site) who went to Germany 5 years ago, with the same problems & she is now a proud owner of 2 ADR’s and has a real happy pain free & mobile life now. I sure don’t want any more screws in me and even be stiffer than I am now. After all, I won’t be doing flips & cartwheels any longer. I also watch the research channel on TV and the top surgeons are still talking fusions mostly, WHY??? I think that part of our problem getting ADR’s in the U.S. is the top important, surgeons are dragging their feet. That is why I’m so happy to all the people here spreading the word of how happy they are with their ADR’s. My big problem now is getting the money together to go to Germany. I have my IRA with 3/4th of it and will take out a loan for the rest. I’m pretty sure my insurance (United) will not approve me but I will try. I have a question though. Should I go see my local orthopedist & get x-rays and of course he will tell me I need 2 be fused on my bottom 2 discs, which he told me 6 years ago. And I know my insurance will pay for x-rays. So, do I tell my orthopedist that I only want the x-rays to send to Germany (and I bet you a dollar he won’t agree with me). I had seen a neurologist a few years back & he told me, oh no, he would not recommend ADR’s, it’s just a new thing not proven yet. Any way, then do I just go to Germany and have them try & get the insurance to pay? Do I tell my orthopedist who I know doesn’t do ADR & will probably try & talk me out of it? I also hope I’m still a candidate for Germany; it would be terrible if I waited too long. How do I handle this? Any one know how to handle this? And thanks to all you brave people who have went before me!!!
2011 - right sided transforaminal injection for sciatica and it worked, yeah!
2011- Scheduled for 2 ADR's with Dr. Rajakumar/India but cancelled until Feb. or March.