View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis01 View Post
How long ago did you have the Prodisc C surgery? How is your neck doing now? How long ago on the Charitee? How is that going?
Charite - 2002
1st Prodisc C - about 2005
2nd Prodisc C - Jan 2010

Everything is doing fairly well now but the recovery from the Charite was several years long and still causes some pain in the low back-SI joint area. Laura deals with it with prolotherapy and heat with a very occasional Lortab. Her 1st Prodisc C has given her too much flexibility at that level so she still deals with occasional pain.

Laid-up doc is far better at this than I am but both Laura and I glanced at your MRIs and questioned whether or not you something more than DDD going on there. I suspect that you've put it off for so long that your options have been narrowed greatly. Still, to get the most out of this, I'd recommend focusing on finding the best surgeon and letting the ADR choice be the second question. As for the best surgeon, remember that access to the surgeon is as important as the skill of the surgeon. The best surgeon in the world isn't of much use if he/she hides behind lousy office staff and you can't get questions answered.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog