View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
I know this wasn't your question, but do you have Hoffman's? Have someone grab your middle finger on either side of the first joint (allowing the joint to bend), and flick it. Do it on both sides (left and right), because one could be negative, one could be positive. If your thumb and pointer finger jerk involuntarily, you have Hoffman's. Which, at some point, means a wheelchair. Could be decades from now, but only a neurosurgeon can determine that.

My two cents: Get it all done at once. The lumbar hurts so dang bad you won't even feel the cervical! LOL!

The only reason I ever even found out I had Hoffman's was because I overheard the doctor muttering his notes under his breath! That is not something you want to just leave there if you do have it, which is probably what he was referring to when he mentioned the thing about "upon clinical examination". I hope someone else can help you with the question you *actually* asked. LOL!
Thanks Lillyth, been busy getting life ready to leave for surgery and behind in responding. I own a small remodeling company(myself and 4 employees) and this one time in my life I wish I could just hand someone the doctors not saying I'll be back in three months! I do not think I have Hoffmans but will certainly ask upon my examination with Dr. Bierstedt. The decision was to only perform the three level lumbar for now and try conservative treatment on my cervical. My cervical symtoms are mostly low grade headache with flare ups to severe headache and some localized sore neck. I have four decent herniations(6/7 to 3/4) 5/6 and 6/7 show some spinal cord compression and 5/6 has some ddd with a little height loss. This may become a 4 level surgery at some point in my life The ideal for now is to try a lot of muscle work, some prolotherapy because I am also in kyphotic alignment and trying to restore the proper curve may help and let my body recover from the lumbar to see if having the added stress from that relieved also helps. Lumbar is two weeks from this Tuesday, becoming more real everyday!
*12/28/11 ESI L L4/L5 - 1/13/12 ESI R L4/L5 - 1/24/12 L SI joint capsule - 3/8/12 TPI - 3/23/12 L L5/S1 - 4/11/12 ESI caudal - 5/23/12 TPI - 7/10/12 Facet inj L3/L4, L4/L5, L5/S1
*9/12/12: 30 - DRX9000
*12/21/12 schedule. for L4/L5 fusion-CANCELLED 1/7/13
*7/16/2013: 3 level M6(S1-L3) w/ Dr. Bierstedt