View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 03:46 PM

All I can say is HOLY CRAP GEORGE! My goodness, that is the most frightening story. I'm so glad you pulled through. As soon as I saw that you went to Barnes Jewish Hospital, I knew you were in the best hands possible. My Dad was over at St. Louis University Hospital "SLU" for many years for his Leukemia. He was a retired Air Force officer and could have gone anywhere but, he chose that hospital. I'll never know why because both hospitals were 10 minutes from his home. SLU almost killed him. I flew out to find out what was going on with him when things went bad in 2011 and after 10 days flew home knowing he was in a bad situation. The next day with my SUV packed and my dog in the back seat, we drove to St. Louis from Arizona. I spent five months out there and transferred Dad's care to the Siteman Center which is the amazing cancer hospital that is part of Barnes. Talk about night and day. They saved his life over and over until he stabilized. I'm so glad they saved your life too!

Your story tells us all how important it is to pay attention to our body and trust what we "know" more than what the doctor's tell us! They do their best but, they do not reside inside our body!

I am so glad you posted today because I was thinking about you earlier this morning as I read your thread the second time. Trust me when I say that your message is heard loud and clear. I am trying to figure out where to get surgery and know now I need to get metal tested first. I have titanium screws in my knee and don't think they are hurting me but, I know I have an allergy to other metals because of the problems I've had with wearing certain jewelry. I stopped wearing anything but 14 K gold and 925 silver many, many years ago. I read recently that once we have an allergy to a metal, it never goes away!

Coincidentally, a woman I know had to have her foot rebuilt with a ton of metal recently. Within a few weeks, they had to take the metal out and redo the surgery because she was having an allergic reaction to the metal. The incision in her foot is still not healing properly. It's quite a scary ordeal. I still can't believe that surgeons don't check us before they put a foreign metal in our body! I will definitely get checked.

Let us know if they ever figure out what the green murky stuff was in your body! Yuck! I hope you heal quickly George. Be well.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016